New Orleans Pelicans Have Failed to Live Up to the Hype Thus Far
The New Orleans Pelicans currently sit in 12th place in the Western Conference standings. This is a team who is not living up to the expectations they had entering the season. A loss on Thursday night to a weaker Orlando team adds to the disappointment they’ve had in 2020-21. 1.5 games behind the 10th place play-in spot was not where this team pictured themselves being with over 50 games in the books.
NEW ORLEANS PELICANS HAVE FAILED TO LIVE UP TO THE HYPE THUS FAR
COLORS | FULL
This NOLA roster is not one that lacks talent by any means. The Pelicans are composed of players like , who is averaging 26.4 points per game, at 23.8 points per game, , , , and , who are all above-average NBA players. This roster is very capable of making the playoffs, and should be expected to, considering their star talent and quality depth.
Williamson is in the top-10 in PPG this season, and for a player of his caliber to not even make the play-in game would be disappointing for his young career and not ideal for the NBA either. Their loss to Orlando was just one of the many discouraging losses this team has had this season, as it has been a recurring issue.
Their consistent lack of defense makes it seem like there doesn’t appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel for this season’s chances. Something needs to change for this program to turn it around and make the play-in tournament, setting the tone for what could be a .
- Worst single-season DEF RTG in NBA history: 1. ’20-’21 Kings, 2. ’20-’21 Blazers , 3. ’18-’19 Cavs, 4.
- Zion Williamson is the 1st player with 4 GP of 30+ PTS & 80+ FG% since Shaquille O’Neal in 1993-1994
- Zion now has the 2nd longest streak of GP (24) with 20+ PTS & 50%+ FG , trailing only Shaquille O’Neal (25 GP)
- Pelicans are currently 21-26, sitting in 12th place among 15 Western Conference teams, ahead of only OKC, MIN, and HOU
: $8.69 (via FANDEX)
- Zion has been one of the few bright spots this season
Rick Carlisle on Zion Williamson: "This is a Shaquille O'Neal-type force of nature with a point guard skill set."— Ballislife.com (@Ballislife)
Zion's last 4 games:
38 PTS, 6 AST, 65% FG
39 PTS, 5 AST, 84% FG
27 PTS, 5 AST, 69% FG
30 PTS, 1 AST, 69% FG
- Full game highlights from ORL-NOP
Share this Pelicans article with friends and follow for more great sports content!
The post appeared first on .